Here are Mable's top tips for improving your brand's shipping efficiency.
- Shop carriers for the best rates. Mable offers steep discounts on rates with UPS and FedEx that are available to you when select the "Ship with Mable" option during fulfillment.
- Set a strategic order minimum. Many brands gain efficiency when they completely fill a box with product vs sending one or two cases at a time. The goal is to find the lowest possible order minimum where your brand and the retailer can still maintain desired margin on the order.
- Master Cases; a variation on point #2. Full master cases can drive shipping per unit cost down because you can fit multiple inner cases into a master case resulting in shipping 1 box rather than 4.
- Consider using a Third Party Logistics (3PL) partner, like Smart Warehousing. Many Mable brands have taken advantage of our preferred relationship with Smart Warehousing to increase efficiencies. Smart Warehousing recently agreed to remove their monthly minimums, an added benefit for Mable brands. Check out Smart Warehousing here.
- Consider doing business locally versus nationally. For extremely heavy shippers and perishable brands without a temperature controlled 3PL partner, we recommend noting the regions where you can ship efficiently on your Mable profile.
To inquire about a shipping efficiency consultation for your brand, email email@example.com.